Stains are the bane of most of us at one time or another. With Christmas fast approaching we thought we'd put together a festive guide to a few hacks.The first and most obvious culprit is red wine
- grab some absorbent paper, like kitchen towels and dab, dab and dab.
- pour over some soda water or similar and this should lift it right out.
Underarm shirt stains
- Lemon juice! Simply apply liberally to the stains and wash in the machine...bingo!
- Simple as a baby wipe. Yep wipe away those pesky marks with your little one's wipes.
- All you need is hairspray. Leave it a moment and then dab it. Pop it in the washing machine and you're no longer the scarlet lady.
Coffee & Tea
- Soak the stained fabric in 1/3 cup vinegar mixed with 2/3 cup water.
- Hang it outside in the sun to dry.
- Wash as usual.
Grass...not an easy one
- Soak the item in undiluted vinegar for 30 minutes, then wash it.
- If there are signs of the stain after washing, make a paste of vinegar and baking soda.
- Use an old toothbrush to coat the stain.
- Wash again.
- Rinse the garment in cool water to remove as much of the vomit as possible.
- Soak the stain in vinegar and wash.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
- Scrape off excess.
- Spray with dish soap.
- Dab with detergent and rinse.
Oil...a tough one
- Cover the oil stain in baking soda. Use more than you think.
- Scrub it in using an old toothbrush.
- Do this up to three times until the baking soda doesn't form lumps. Make sure you scrape away excess each time.
- Rub on detergent.
- Machine wash.
These are just some of the most common ones we've encountered and successfully removed. If you have any great hacks please feel free to share in the comments here or on our Facebook Page.